Here’s some information about this on-air opportunity with iHeartMedia in Minneapolis:
• Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
• Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs any potential support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.