Alpha Media – Columbia is looking for our next Midday On-Air superstar for the Big DM, the biggest sound and signal in all of South Carolina. The ideal candidate will have excellent content generation skills with a passion for radio, and a passion for serving our community.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 51 markets across the United States covering all formats.
If you have a passion for great local radio and a passion to serve our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Maintain and grow market leading ratings.
- Inform, entertain, and engage listeners in Central South Carolina.
- Regular use of social media platforms to connect with your listeners in unique ways.
- Gather new stories, audio, and write content for the show.
- Pitch segments/ideas, and work closely with the Program Director.
- Help evaluate content of music, monitor listener feedback and recommend appropriate repositioning.
- Interview Hollywood and music celebrities on air.
- Serve as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events.
- Broadcast live from remote locations.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment.
- Must be creative and innovative with a very strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and would like to join a culture that is built on support, respect, creativity, energy and hustle, click here.