Here’s how to apply for a full-time News Anchor gig in Atlanta.
News anchor/content generator for local and regional coverage.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content for newscasts.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Extensive on-air experience required
• Must be able to function in a fast paced news environment, delivering multiple newscasts for several markets each hour
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Solid journalism skills needed, employee will also write content for wire service.
• Experience with newsroom operating systems and technology used to put newscasts together
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Strong attention to detail
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• five + years’ experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications