WWIN-FM (Magic 95.9)/Baltimore has an On-Air opening, and here’s some information about this position.
To ensure that appropriate continuity is maintained at all times while on the air. This includes:
- Programming links
Set-ups and Transitions (music identification to co-host, or any pre-taped items etc.)
To appropriately re-enforce the radio station identity and program at all times. This includes:
- Station call letters
- Positioning statements
- Creative Hooks
- Cross Promotion
- Back sells
To professionally (consistently appropriate) deliver all relevant information on an ongoing basis. This includes:
- Time checks
- Temperature checks
- Event Information
- Music Knowledge and Appreciation
To competently (effectively & efficiently) display your knowledge and enthusiasm about and for the music that is played. This includes:
- In-depth knowledge of the music being played
- Understanding listener’s tastes
- Staying in touch with music and all related issues (research, analysis etc.).
To contribute and support the creation of the show on a daily basis. This includes:
- Participation in daily post-mortem and planning meeting
- Participation in daily pre-show meeting.
To appropriately implement all assigned duties from the producer on a daily basis. This includes:
- Pre-show and live interviews
- Contribution to comedy skits
- Writing scripts
- Attending Press conferences, functions and events
- Researching background material.
To ensure that all relevant material for the show is competently prepared on a daily basis. This includes:
- Assigned promotion mentions
- Reviewing commercial logs for live tags
- Scanning daily newspaper for any relevant items
- Reviewing promo cards for possible on air use etc.
- Public Appearances
To professionally (consistently appropriate) and competently (effectively & efficiently) appear in public when and where required on an ongoing basis. This includes:
- Participation in station remote broadcasts
- Preparation as required
- Representation at charity events, community events etc.
- Social Networking
Create and post original on-line content that meets company standards on social networking