This position reports directly to the WALR (Kiss 104.1)/Atlanta Program Director. Producer will assist in executing a live morning show by making sure all content airs correctly. Music, commercials, station imaging, traffic, news, weather and any other elements designated by the program director.
- Responsible for prepping and assisting in the execution of a compelling PPM friendly morning show on KISS 104.1 Producer will need to be able to run the board and handle any audio recording or playback as needed. Also, producer will answer phones and screen callers for both live and recorded segments. Producer will need to book live and pre-recorded guests for interviews on the morning show. Producer will keep all elements of content, news, traffic, etc. running on time. Producer will work other air shifts assigned by Program Director.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Gathering “street audio” from listeners to be used in on air segments
- Assist program director and morning show talent with brainstorming of topics that fit the station’s target audience.
- Preparing a daily Show prep sheet FINAL to be followed by morning show hosts.
- Contribute to on-air morning show banter.
- Archiving and organizing show material and topics so they can be easily referenced at a later date for re-broadcast.
- Archiving show audio for later broadcast in “best of” shows for holiday / vacation times.
- Work with the program director to identify show segments that can be broadcast in show promos and station imaging to promote the morning show.
- Work with the promotions department to identify events and opportunities in the market that would benefit the morning show and help them gain exposure / awareness.
- Collaborate with the CMG Atlanta digital content department to ensure that the morning show’s digital presence on station website and social media platforms is in line with our web and social goals / strategies
- Keep a running list of shows, artists and celebrities that will be in the market and book interviews for the morning show. Maintain a list of contacts with relevant PR people in Atlanta and for television networks / record label / artist management companies.
- Must have great multitasking abilities
Outgoing person with excellent interpersonal communications and public relations skills.
3-5 years on air and board op technical experience in Urban AC, Urban Contemporary is preferred.
Applicants should have music knowledge related to the format and current event /urban culture knowledge.