Are you authentic, creative and memorable? Are you good at ad-libbing, well read, and up to date on news and what’s happening across the country? NBC Owned Stations recently launched LX, a new news product, and we are seeking a strong personality to be an on-camera host.
We are assembling a team of editorial innovators, ready to question every step of the traditional process and willing to experiment. Our programming will be interactive and informative with the host playing an active role in planning and designing the show by bringing ideas to the table. We want someone who is ready to reinvent news.
You should be organized and motivated. You should have a passion for information and using visuals to tell a story. You should have a keen sense of judgment, able to identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the curve.
- Voice creative ideas
- Play an active role in the producing of the show
- Maintain a content strategy for social media
- Knowledgeable on daily news events, keep up with current events and awareness of what is news
- Must ensure accuracy, integrity, ethical values and balance of news content
- Incorporate strategies for growth on broadcast and digital platforms
- Work closely with producers and news director
- Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings
- B.A. in Journalism or related field
- Minimum 3 years of reporter/anchor/host experience
- Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills
- Ad-libbing skills are a must
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Must be willing to work primarily at the office in Dallas, TX
- Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
~Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 50 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Ability to shoot and edit is preferred but not necessary
- Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for social consumption
- Strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together