iHeartMedia is looking for News Reporters to generate content and broadcast the news and open to performing general newsroom responsibilities.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content for newscasts and performs general newsroom duties.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Position does not necessarily need to be in Phoenix but will include shift work. Possibly nights, weekends/holidays..etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish